The Volunteer Guardian Program Continues to Grow!
Feb 26, 2020
The Volunteer Guardian Program continues to grow! We have reached a record number of referrals and wards in our community being served. The success of the program has been because of the individual efforts and commitment of YOU, our volunteers.
How have we met the needs? In addition to a strong volunteer recruitment campaign that has included numerous presentations and collaborations with various organizations, many of our volunteers have told others about the value and rewards of the program and asked them to volunteer, too. Also, many of our volunteers have taken on additional cases to help ensure that everyone is served. Our volunteers have always proven to be the program’s greatest ambassadors and recruiters. We want to say THANK YOU!
If you are looking for a way to be even more involved, there are many opportunities!
- Consider taking an additional case
- Spread the word to others who may be interested in volunteering about the valuable service we provide
- Provide a lead for a group or organization that might be interested in a presentation to learn more about the program
- Assist with writing a blog article for our website on a relevant topic for which you have experience or expertise
- Join us during a presentation to briefly talk about your experience as a volunteer
- Take a brochure or flyer to post in the community, such as at your church or favorite coffee shop
- Provide us with any suggestions your may have on how we can reach more potential volunteers
We are excited for a strong 2020, ensuring that wards in Summit County who would otherwise have no advocate or voice are provided for and not forgotten!
Please be on the lookout for a new bi-monthly published volunteer newsletter coming out in March. In the newsletter, you will see volunteer and staff spotlights, informative information about the program, such as where we have been and will be presenting in the community, and notices and updates.
Additionally, if you are on Facebook, please be sure to follow us! You can find us under Volunteer Guardian Program- Summit County, Ohio.
For more information on how you can help our program as we grow, please call Julie Falter, Professional Guardian, by phone at (330) 703-5970 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, we THANK YOU for all of your efforts and the difference you make in the lives of the wards in our community!